Today we are sharing 15 of our favorite Dr. Seuss Books. With more than 60 books to choose from, it’s hard to narrow the list to 15.
Reasons to read and love Dr. Seuss books:
- Dr. Seuss books are great read aloud books for early reading skills with lots of repetitive sounds and catchy rhymes.
- He encourages us to look at things in a different way, to think outside the box.
- His books will bring humor to your day with their wacky plots and zany characters.
- They have been loved for generations and can be appreciated by all ages. New levels of meaning and understanding arise as we grow older.
Dr. Seuss is credited for many awesome quotes. Here’s one of my favorites.
The more that you read, the more things that you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go. -Dr. Seuss
- The Cat in the Hat
- Fox in Socks (Beginner Books)
- Green Eggs and Ham
- What Pet Should I Get? (Classic Seuss)
- The Lorax (Classic Seuss)
- Hop on Pop (I Can Read It All By Myself)
- The Foot Book: Dr. Seuss’s Wacky Book of Opposites
- There’s a Wocket in My Pocket! (Dr. Seuss’s Book of Ridiculous Rhymes)
- Dr. Seuss’s ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book!
- Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You : Dr. Seuss’s Book of Wonderful Noises (Bright and Early Board Books)
- Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
- Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories
- Horton Hears a Who!
- Happy Birthday to You!
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (Classic Seuss)
What’s your favorite Dr. Seuss book? There are so many greats ones! It was hard to narrow down to 15.