We love bubble wrap at our house. It’s so fun to pop and a great stress reliever. It’s also fun to use in crafting. We made a bubble wrap snowman this winter and used it in a slightly different way today to create an Easter Egg Kid Craft.
We have a lot going on in this post.
We have this awesome Easter Egg Kid Craft, which is part of our monthly Kid Craft Challenge. You can find other great Easter Kid Crafts after the tutorial.
We also have a link up at the end of the post for bloggers to share all their great Easter posts. Readers you are sure to find lots of inspiration for Easter, so be sure to check it out.
Cost: under $5
- Bubble wrap
- White card stock
- Various colors of paint
- Egg template
Ages: preschool and older
1. Print the egg template onto white card stock (do not cut it out yet).
2. Cut a piece of bubble wrap slightly larger than the egg.
3. Apply paint to the bubble wrap (the side with the bubbles). We used 4 different colors and painted rows. You can use any combination of color or pattern.
4. Flip your bubble wrap over on top of the egg and process down.
5. Carefully lift the bubble wrap off the paper and you should see a bubble wrap design on your egg.
6. Once the paint has dried, cut out the egg.
Learning & Development:
As a mom, I like to find ways to incorporate (sneak) learning into every day activities and crafts. These times are especially helpful if you have a child, who is resistant to sitting down and doing learning activities and worksheets.
For this activity, with your preschoolers, talk about the oval shape of the egg and name the colors you use to paint the egg. For kindergartners, work on sounding out and spelling the word egg.
Pressing the painted bubble wrap onto the egg is a great sensory experience for all kids.
The simple shape of the oval provides great scissor practice for preschoolers.
Be sure to check out the other Easter posts in our Kid Craft Challenge
- Ribbon & Button Egg by Playdough & Popsicles
- Egg Wreath by Raising Fairies and Knights
- Origami Easter Bunnies by Very Fairy Good
- Cute & Easy Colorful Easter Bunny Shirts by Crafty Mama in ME
- Easter Egg Suncatcher by Raising Little Superheroes