Our kids love to celebrate every holiday, big or small with crafts, activities, decor, and food. We are getting a head start on the next holiday with this St. Patrick’s Day kid craft, a Crepe Paper Shamrock.
Cost: under $5
- Green crepe paper (can substitute green tissue paper)
- White card stock
- Glue stick
- Shamrock template
Ages: Preschool and older
- Print Shamrock template onto white card stock and cut it out.
- Cute (or tear) crepe paper into small pieces.
- Working in small sections, apply glue to the shamrock.
- Crumple the crepe paper and glue to the shamrock until the shamrock is covered.
Ideas for Learning & Development:
As a mom, I like to find ways to incorporate learning into every day activities and crafts. These times are especially helpful if you have a child, who is resistant to sitting down and doing learning activities and worksheets.
For this activity, talk about the color green and the shamrock shape with your preschoolers. You can also discuss the history of St. Patrick’s Day and traditions your family may have for the holiday.
Fine motor skills get a great workout with this project when kids cut (or tear) the crepe paper into smaller pieces, and when they crumple it. The paper also offers a sensory experience for kids as they hear and feel the crumpling of the tissue paper.
You might also like: