Summertime is all about sunshine, swimming, catching fireflies, playing baseball, drawing on the driveway with sidewalk chalk, and so much more.
Sidewalk chalk is a favorite of our youngest two. They draw and create until there is just a little nub left of the sidewalk chalk. We save all those little pieces and broken pieces and turn them into DIY Sidewalk Paint.
DIY Sidewalk Chalk is fun, easy, and affordable! You are using what you already have making it free and it uses what would otherwise be tossed out. In just two quick and easy steps, the kids will have a fun outdoor activity.
Supplies for DIY Sidewalk Chalk:
- Leftover or broken sidewalk chalk
- Container (We used these little plastic containers from the Dollar Tree. A muffin tin would work too.)
1. Crush leftover sidewalk chalk until it is crumbles. We did this in a sandwich baggie.
2. Add crushed chalk to a container. Add a little water, stirring to combine.
3. Set out the paint with some paint brushes and let the kids paint.
You also might like:
- Roller Painting for Kids
- Jackson Pollock Inspired Art Project
- Summer Scavenger Hunts
- Sponge Toss Water Activity
- Super Fun Ways to Play in the Sprinkler