We were in the paint section at Walmart a few nights ago looking for stuff to make my oldest son’s Halloween costume and their paint chips caught my eye. I knew the bright colored paint chips would be prefect for feathers on a turkey kid craft.
- Paper plate (we used smaller dessert size)
- Paint chips (we picked up 6 solid color paint chips of various colors)
- Orange paint chip
- Red paint chip
- Wiggly eyes
- Brown paint
- Paint paper plate brown and allow to dry.
- While waiting for the paint to dry,cut feathers from the paint chips. We used six paint chips for this turkey. Once the paint is dry, glue the paint chip feathers to the back of the plate so that they are sticking up over the top of the plate.
- Cut a beak from an orange paint chip and a wattle/gobbler from a red paint chip. Glue both and the wiggly eyes to the front of the plate.
Note: If you don’t have paint chips, you could easily substitute construction paper or card stock.
Here are some other turkey kid crafts we have done:
Here’s a pilgrim kid craft for Thanksgiving: