Summer is in full swing for us. School is out and the pool is open. We’ve been soaking up the sun, swimming, eating popsicles, playing baseball, planning our summer travels, and doing lots of summer crafts. This Paper Plate Sun Craft is one of our favorite recent summertime crafts.
This sun craft is very similar to the Paper Plate Flower Craft we did a few weeks ago. Both crafts provide scissor practice and work on fine motor skills.
Supplies for Paper Plate Sun Craft:
- Paper plate
- Yellow paint & paintbrush
- Googly eyes
- Black marker
1. Cut triangles from the outer ring of a paper plate, leaving some of the plate in between to form the sun’s rays.
2. Paint paper plate yellow and allow to dry.
3. Glue googly eyes to the paper plate and use the black marker to draw a mouth.
Extend the Activity:
1. Challenge kids to find yellow items around the house or outside.
2. Do a science experiment and test what items will melt in the sun.
You might also like:
- Paper Plate & Bubble Wrap Jellyfish
- Paint Stick Dragonfly
- Paper Plate Turtle
- Paper Plate & Clothespins Sun
- Summer Scavenger Hunts