We are recycling our toilet paper rolls for another inexpensive Christmas craft. We used toilet paper rolls to make reindeer and now we are transforming them into a Christmas Tree Craft. Chances are you already have all the supplies for this craft.
- 2 toilet paper rolls
- Green and brown paint for the tree (or a different color if your child has a preference)
- Assorted paint colors (for the lights)
- Glue gun
- Twine or string (optional)
- Cut the toilet paper rolls in 1/2 longwise, so you have 4 equal sized pieces.
- Leave one piece as is. Holding the pieces horizontal, cut a little off each of of the other 3, cutting a little more as you progress through the pieces. The idea is that when you lay them down, they progressively get shorter to the top of the tree.
- Take the piece you cut off the last piece and use it for your tree stump.
- Lay all the pieces out to form a tree. Use a hot glue gun to attach them. I had to mold them a little once the glue was dry.
- Paint the tree green and the stem brown and allow to dry.
- Once dry, take q-tips and paint lights on the tree with various colors of paint.
I did this craft with my preschooler. I did the cutting and gluing and she did the painting for her tree.
If you want to make this into an ornament make a loop with a piece of string or twine and glue the ends to the back of the top of the tree forming a hook to hang it from the tree.
You also might like:
- Toilet Paper Roll Reindeer Craft
- Jingle Bells Christmas Craft
- Puffy Pain Snowman Kid Craft
- Styrofoam Cup Angel Craft
- 30 Homemade Kid Ornaments
- Styrofoam Santa Hat