This Paper Plate Turkey Wreath is a fun kid craft and decoration for Thanksgiving. How cute will this be hanging in your house or classroom this Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving is going to be a big deal at our house this year, at least according to our seven year. His birthday falls on Thanksgiving day this year for the first time and he is expecting big things. He has been talking about it for months, so I really have be on my game this year with Thanksgiving crafts, activities, and decorations.
This post contains affiliate links. See the Disclosure Policy for details.
- Paper plate
- Brown paint
- Brown, red, yellow, orange paper
- Googly eyes
- Orange pipe cleaner
- Turkey body template
1. Start out by painting a paper plate brown. For this turkey craft, you will only be using the outside rim, so you don’t need to paint the entire plate. Once you have finished painting, allow to dry.
2. While the plate is drying, cut strips of orange, yellow and red (or colors of your choosing) construction paper.
3. Once the plate has dried, cut out the center of the paper plate, so that you are left the the outside rim intact.
4. Bring the ends of your strips of paper together and glue to form. a loop. Continue until you have enough to go around your paper plate turkey wreath.
5. Glue your paper loops to the outside rim of the paper plate.
6. Cut a body for the turkey from brown paper (you can use the tempalte linked above in the supplies), a beck from orange paper, and a gobbler/wattle from red paper.
7. Glue googly eyes, the beck, and gobbler/wattle to the body of the turkey.
8. Glue the body of the turkey to the bottom of the paper plate.
9. Fold a orange pipe cleaner in half. Fold again at each of the ends to make feet. Attach the orange pipe cleaner to the back of the paper plate wreath.
You Also Might Like
- Thankful Kid Craft and Book
- Flat Clothespin Turkey Kid Craft
- Paper Roll Turkey Kid Craft
- Recycled CD Turkey Kid Craft
Thanksgiving Printables: Thanksgiving Lunch Box Notes | Thanksgiving Dot Activity Worksheets