I’ve got everyone in the house trained to save paper rolls for crafts, but we haven’t been keeping up with the supply. The box we store them is overflowing, so it was time for some paper roll crafts!
We made this toilet paper roll butterfly craft for Valentine’s Day, but it could totally work for anytime of year. Pink and purple are our daughter’s favorite colors and just happen to work for Valentine’s Day too.
This butterfly craft is a great way to reuse toilet paper rolls making it a really inexpensive to craft to make. With just a few additional crafting supplies, you will be ready to make a toilet paper roll butterfly.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
- Empty toilet paper roll
- Pipe cleaner
- Googly eyes
- Black maker
- Paper (cardstock or construction paper)
- Glue or tape
1. Cut a piece of paper to fit the toilet paper roll.
2. Wrap piece of paper around the toilet paper and secure with tape or glue. You could also paint the toilet paper instead of using paper.
3. Cut two small hearts for the wings.
4. Glue the two hearts together at the bottom of each heart.
5. Attach the hearts (wings) to the back of the toilet paper roll.
6. Glue googly eyes to the front of the toilet paper toll. If you don’t have googly eyes, you could also draw eyes on your butterfly with a marker or cut eyes from paper.
7. Using the black marker, draw a mouth onto the toilet paper roll.
8. Cut a piece from the pipe cleaner and fold in half. Curl the tops of the pipe cleaner and glue or tape to the inside of the toilet paper roll for the butterfly’s antenna.
You Also Might Like
- Paper Plate Valentine’s Day Wreath
- Valentine’s Day Dot Painting
- Super Cute & Easy Valentine’s Day Treats
- Bee Mine Valentine’s Day Craft
Lee Orlian says
I love reusing and re-purposing! This butterfly is so cute! It is a fun and creative way to talk to my two daughters about recycling and the benefits of conscious consumption. Great idea! Thank you for Kim!
Thank you Lee!