Our kids are super excited about the upcoming release of the Minions movie. However, they are holding off seeing it until they see grandpa in a couple of weeks. Its tradition for grandpa to take the kids to a movie and spoil them will popcorn and candy while vacationing at the lake each summer.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
The Minions have been around and popular a for few years. While I had seen them everywhere, I had never seen either of the Despicable Me movies until this summer.
Until recently, we always had one child who was too young to attend the movies, so I always stayed home while Daddy took the other kids.
Our local movie theater offers older movies during the summer as a fundraiser for surrounding schools’ parent teacher associations. Our kids are all old enough to attend the movies this summer, so I have been able to go and take them.
Despicable Me was the first movie offered this summer. Unfortunately, we were out of town for the 2nd one, so I missed it yet again.
We made these toilet paper roll Minions in anticipation of the Minions movie release.
Supplies for Toilet Paper Roll Minions :
- Toilet Paper Rolls
- Blue & Yellow Construction Paper
- Wiggle Eyes
- Black Washi Tape
- Black Maker
- Black Pipe Cleaner
- Grey Cardstock
- EK Tools Circle Punch -I used a 3/4 in. punch. You want your circle slightly larger than your eye.
- Glue Stick
Directions for Toilet Paper Roll Minions:
1. Cut the yellow construction paper so that it wraps around your toilet paper roll. It’s okay to overlap slightly. Use a glue stick to attach the yellow paper to the toilet paper roll.
2. Cut the blue construction paper so that it fits around the bottom of the toilet paper roll. You want the blue paper to be about 1/2 the size of the yellow. Use a glue stick and attach the blue paper to the bottom portion of the toilet paper roll.
3. Wrap black washi tape around the top of the toilet paper roll. Place it about 1/2 inch from the top of the toilet paper roll.
4. Use a circle craft punch (or free hand) and cut out 1-2 circles from the grey cardstock (depending on which Minion you choose to make). You want your grey circle to be slightly bigger than your wiggle eye. Use a glue stick and glue circle(s) on washi tape to make goggles.
5. Attach wiggle eye(s) to the grey cardstock.
6. Use a black marker and draw a mouth.
7. If you want your Minion to have hair, cut a few pieces of black pipe cleaner and glue to the inside of toilet paper roll so it is peeking up over top.
For more great toilet paper roll crafts check out my Toilet Paper Roll Pinterest board: