Today marks the start of National Better Breakfast Month, a month for all of us to strive for healthier breakfasts. For many (our family included) breakfast is a low priority or not one at all. Our household eats a lot of cold cereal.
Breakfast kick starts your metabolism and gives you energy so you can get the most out of your mornings.
According to the USDA, children who eat breakfast are more likely to be better at problem solving skills, have better memory, and perform better on standardized tests.
If you are like us on school mornings you need something quick, so you can get out the door and arrive at school and/or work on time.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
(This post contains affiliate links.)
To help you improve your breakfast habits this month, I have rounded up 30 breakfast recipes. One for each day of day of the month if you choose. There is a little bit of everything, so hope you find a few your family can try this month.
Some of these can be made quickly, some can be made ahead of time, and others are best enjoyed on the weekend when you have more time.
Pancakes & Waffles:
- Wholemeal Banana Pancakes by Danya Banya
- Pumpkin Pancakes by Mama Smiles
- Homemade Buttermilk Oatmeal Pancakes by Homegrown Friends (pictured)
- Almond Oak Pancakes by Homegrown Friends
- Rollup Blender Pancakes by Mel’s Kitchen
- Healthy Almond Oat Waffles by Homegrown Friends
We love to pull out our griddle on the weekends and make pancakes. We got our griddle as a gift many years ago, but here’s an option: Presto Cool Touch Electric Griddle. We have this waffle iron: Disney Mickey Mouse Non-Stick Electric Waffle Maker, because isn’t everything better with Mickey Mouse!
- One Bowl Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins by Kitchen Floor Crafts
- Strawberry Banana Pancake Muffins by The Mommy Mix
- Blueberry Banana Muffins by Raising Little Superheros (pictured)
- Chocolate Muffins by Spoil My Family
- Whole Wheat Banana Blueberry Muffins by Homegrown Friends
- Easy Baked Pancake Muffins by Family Fresh Meals
I recently spied this muffin pan: Wilton 24-Cup Perfect Results Mega Muffin Pan and informed my family it is on my wish list. Twenty-four muffins (or cupcakes) at once…yes please!
- Superfood Super Smoothie by Childhood 101
- Banana Berry Bliss by The Mommy Mix
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie by Jenny Evolution
- Ultimate Hawaiian Smoothie by Your Modern Dad (pictured)
We don’t make a lot of smoothies, but we might start after looking at some of these recipes. We have an older blender that is giving out, so I asked my friends what they use. My friends love this: Magic Bullet NutriBullet to make smoothies.
- Basil & Tomato Baked Eggs by The Mad House
- Overnight Egg Strata by Sugar Aunts (pictured)
- Breakfast Burritos by Mel’s Kitchen
- Breakfast Quesadillas by The Gracious Wife (pictured)
- Freezer Breakfast Sandwich by Damn Delicious
- Eggy Bread by The Mad House
- Baked Cinnamon French Toast by Mom on the Move
- Heavenly French Toast by Play Dough & Popsicles
- Easy Cinnamon French Toast Sticks by Just a Taste
- Apple Pie Oatmeal by Rhythms of Play (pictured)
- Easy Homemade Granola by Whole Food Home
- Classic Granola by Mel’s Kitchen
- Patriotic Breakfast Bagels by Jenny Evolution (pictured)
- Frozen Fruity Yogurt Bites by The Mad House (pictured)
What is your family’s favorite breakfast?