Policy updated December 3,2018.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to [email protected]
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. You may link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile. If you choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile, we will receive your name, email address and profile picture associated with that account. The Website utilizes the Facebook commenting system, so if you choose to comment on a Website post, your profile picture will appear.
- Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Information is collected via log files, cookies, leaving comments on the site, purchasing a product in our shop or subscribing to our newsletter.
HOW AND WHY WE TRACK YOUR VISIT
Like most websites around the world we use Google Analytics (GA) to process information about the number of visitors on our site, and their behavior.
We use this information to record the number of people using The Resourceful Mama, to better understand where you discover our site (from social media, google or another site), how you use it and how you move throughout the site.
GA records your approximate location down to town level, the type of device you are using (e.g. desktop, mobile or tablet), name of device (e.g. iPad or Samsung Galazy etc…), operating system (e.g. Windows 10 or iOS) and browser (e.g. Firefox or Chrome). None of this data can be used to identify you.
Google records your IP address, however, we don’t have access to this information and it modifies it so that you can’t be identified specifically, just the area that you are in.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS DEMOGRAPHICS
We are committed to ensuring that our website contains content that is valuable and useful to our readers.
To help us with this we have implemented the Google analytics demographics and interest reporting features on our website. These tools allow us to review anonymous data regarding the gender, age and interests of website visitors and adapt our website content to better reflect their needs.
Although this information is collected through your Google ad settings, it is not provided to us in a personally-identifiable format. This means we cannot identify what information is about you, and we will not try to figure it out.
To do this Google Analytics uses a “cookie” on your machine. Read more about Cookies below.
LEAVING A COMMENT ON OUR SITE
We love receiving feedback from you about our ideas. We do this by giving you the option of leaving a comment. To leave a comment you may leave it anonymously or leave a name, email address, website and comment.
We only use this information to identify you as the comment maker and do not pass this on to any third party.
Your email address will never be shown in the comment section of the site. If you leave a question in your comment along with your email address I often use this information to email you an answer to your question directly. If you do not wish to receive a response from me via email, please omit your email address when you leave a comment.
Your details will remain in the database unless we remove it or the article is removed from the site.
You may request that we delete the comment and remove your details at any time by emailing us at [email protected]
If you are under 18 you must obtain your parents permission before leaving a comment.
IMPORTANT: In your comment you should avoid leaving information of a personal nature and it is recommended that you do this on any website you comment on.
If you choose to join our newsletter then your email address is required so that you can be sent the emails. Your data is collected and then passed to our Email Service Provider Mailerlite. You may unsubscribe at any time from our newsletters using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
- DISPLAY ADS
- AFFILIATE PROGRAM PARTICIPATION
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
The Resourceful Mama is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon offers a small commission on products sold through their affiliate links. When you make a purchase after clicking on one of those links, I earn a small commission that helps support this blog, at no extra cost to you.
- SPONSORED CONTENT TRACKING PIXELS
This Website may engage in sponsored campaigns with influencer networks, agencies, and brands. All sponsored content is disclosed in accordance with FTC’s requirements. Some of these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels, which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected to track results of the campaign. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with the tracking pixels.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
IF YOU ARE UNDER 18
Please obtain your parents permission before entering our website and entering any personal information on The Resourceful Mama.