I made these I Spy Ornaments for my son’s preschool class at Christmas a couple of years ago and they were a huge hit. The kids loved shaking their I Spy Ornaments and finding all the treasures hidden in their ornament.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
- Clear plastic ball ornament (You need the kind that split in 1/2.)
- Filler (small plastic pellets, small white foam balls)
- Small Christmas items
- Glue gun
I picked up the small Christmas items at Hobby Lobby. I have included links for similar items you can purchase online. We used small red and green pom poms, little jingle bells, and Christmas buttons. Here’s some great options for Christmas buttons: option | option | option | option
1. Open your ornament and fill half with your filler.
2. Add your Christmas items and close the ornament.
3. Using a glue gun or strong glue, glue the two halves of the ornament together.
4. (optional) Add a ribbon to the top and hang from the tree or give as gifts.
You could also add a tag listing the items to be found in the ornament.
More Ornament Inspiration
Find more Homemade Christmas Ornaments here.