As soon as our kids started kindergarten, we started to receive an on slot of birthday party invitations. The kids love attending the parties and helping their classmates celebrate their birthday, but there have been times when I have struggled with what to purchase as a gift.
I can do the boy gifts with no problem, but struggle with what to buy the girls. We have a daughter, but she is five years younger than our oldest son. I asked a blogging friend what some of her girls’ favorite birthday gifts are? She is sharing those today at Books and Giggles.
I thought there might be some people out there who have the opposite problem and could use some guidance in terms of what to buy boys, so I put together some of our favorites.
Note: This post contains affiliate links.
Our kids get invited to so many parties. To keep our birthday gift budget from skyrocketing, I set a budget of $15.00 or less per gift.
Our oldest received and/or gave many of the items listed here as gifts from preschool to 2nd grade. As he has gotten older, our go to gift for boys almost always is Legos. It can be difficult to find a good set of Legos for uder $15 (especially when the boys are helping), but I found three good substantial sets for this list.
- LEGO Creator Cargo Heliplane
- LEGO Juniors Spider-Man Car Pursuit
- LEGO Classic Creative Bricks
- Melissa & Doug Wooden Jet Plane DYO
- Melissa & Doug DYO Rescue Vehicles Set
- Hot Wheels Monster Jam Grave Digger Die-Cast Vehicle
- Maisto R/C 1:24 Scale 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS RS Radio Control Vehicle
- Shrinky Dinks Cool Stuff
- DC Comics 12″ Batman Figure
- Marvel Spider-Man 12-Inch Figure
- Marvel Avengers Captain America Action Figure
- Stomp Rocket Jr. Glow Kit
- Nerf N-Strike Elite: Strongarm Blaster
- Pro-Ball Set – 5″ Soccerball, 5″ Basketball, 6.5″ Football
- Hot Wheels 9-Car Gift Pack (Styles May Vary)
Many of these gifts can also work for a preschooler and for a girl. Our daughter plays with her brother’s toys as much as her own.
Don’t forget to stop by Books and Giggles for ideas on birthday gifts for girls.