Our kids go crazy when we pull out the Easter stuff and they rediscover the plastic Easter eggs. It’s almost like Christmas morning…almost. They play hide and seek over and over with those plastic eggs until I’m going bonkers and ready for a different activity.
Last year I gave the kids a STEM challenge and asked them to build egg towers with their plastic Easter eggs. They had so much fun competing to see who could build the tallest and most stable tower.
The activity definitely raised the bar for me this year, so I’m planning ahead with these creative ways to use plastic Easter eggs. There’s a little bit of everything here from yummy treats to fun activities to creative crafts and even a little learning.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
Turn Plastic Easter Eggs into Creative Crafts
- Chica Club Circle makes the cutest Plastic Egg Cupcakes that you can fill with fun surprises.
- Loving how Artrzy Creations used plastic eggs to make caterpillars.
- Make and Takes uses eggs to make a spring flower bouquet.
- Turn eggs into fun lighting bugs that really light up.
- About Family Crafts makes the cutest Chicks in Nests using plastic Easter eggs.
- Free Kids Crafts turns their plastic eggs into bugs.
- The Pinterest Parent makes bathtime fun with Plastic Easter Egg Floating Fish.
- The Moody Fashionista turns plastic eggs into the cutest tea cups.
- Made Everyday turns eggs into an instrument by making maracas.
- Buggy and Buddy uses plastic eggs to paint and make fun circle collages (not pictured).
Use Plastic Easter Eggs in Fun Kid Activities
- Toad’s Treasures grows grass in just 10-14 days using plastic eggs.
- Have some magnetic fun with DIY Magnetic Eggs from Frugal Fun for Boys & Girls.
- Create a STEM Challenge and build egg towers.
- Little Bins for Little Hands turns plastic Easter eggs into a color matching fine motor activity.
- Rub Some Dirt on It uses plastic eggs to practice matching upper and lowercase letters.
- Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas uses eggs to practice telling time.
- There are so many possibilities when it comes to using plastic Easter eggs in learning: math problems, contractions, compound words, word families, number match, and so much more.
Make Fun Treats Using Plastic Easter Eggs
- Kids will love this fun treat from A Kailo Chic Life: Easter Egg Popsicles.
- A Kailo Chic Life puts a fun spin on lunch by serving it in plastic Easter eggs.
- Spend with Pennies makes a fun jello treat using eggs.
- Simply Being Mommy uses plastic Easter eggs to make Surprise Rice Krispies Treats.