Are there any football fans out there? School is starting and we are headed towards Fall, which means football time.
Our daughter at only three loves all sports, but she has not quite developed the skill for catching a football.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
(Note: This post contains affiliate links.)
Today we thought we would make a sponge painted football using one of our favorite methods of painting.
Supplies for Sponge Painted Football:
Directions for Sponge Painted Football:
1. Print football template on white cardstock
2. Assemble your clothespin sponge painters (tutorial here: Clothespin Sponge Painters)
3. Using sponger painter, paint football brown by dabbing the football with the sponge
4. Once paint is dry, use scissors and cut out the football
5. Using white marker draw curved line near top of football horizontal and then draw 4 short vertical lines
Our daughter has not figured out the dabbing technique yet and uses her sponge as more of a brush, so hers does not have the same texture.
This is an easy shape to cut and provides great cutting practice for your toddlers and preschoolers.