Several years ago before I knew anything about sensory bins, I picked up a water table at a garage sale. Then in the winter when the kids could not get out to the sand box, I filled the water table with something like rice or beans and set it up in the house.
Three kids later and less space, I don’t always set up the big water table, but rather do a few different little ones throughout the winter.
I am sharing the one we have set up right now at Life of a Homeschool Mom today. Not only is it fun and entertaining, but it has the added benefit of working on fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
To keep the kids busy all winter long, I have found twenty-five other awesome winter sensory bins.
- Let it Snow Alphabet Hunt by Mrs. Jones Creation Station
- Preschool Letter Hunt in Pretend Snow by Coffee Cups & Crayons
- Fine Motor Snowball Activity by The Resourceful Mama for
- Easy Winter Sensory Bin by No Time for Flashcards
- Winter Theme Alphabet Sensory Bin by The Educators’ Spin on It
- Real Snow Sensory Bin by Messy Little Monster
- Warm Ways to Play With Snow by Growing a Jeweled Rose
- Exploring Ice in the Sensory Table by Teaching 2 & 3 Year Olds
- Polar Animals & Arctic Ice Sensory Play by Gift of Curiosity
- Frozen Water Sensory Table by Teaching 2 & 3 Year Olds
- Indoor Sensory Play with Snow by Sunny Day Family (not pictured)
- Fairy Winter Wonderland Small World by Rhythms of Play
- Winter Wonderland Sensory Bin by The Chaos and the Clutter
- Snowflake Sensory Bin by Life Over C’s
- Winter Wonderland Small World Play by Buggy and Buddy
- Simple Snowman Sensory Bin by Living Montessori Now
- Winter Sensory Bin by Rubberboots and Elf Shoes (not pictured)
- Road Crew Sensory Snow Bin by Kitchen Floor Crafts
- Winter Fun with Snow Dough by Gift of Curiosity
- 2 Ways to Make Indoor Snow by Play Dough & Popsicles
- Snow Dough by Clare’s Little Tots
- Snowy Sensory Play by Messy Little Monster
- Arctic Sensory Bin by Adventures of Adam
- Frozen Sensory Pla by Clare’s Little Tots
- How to Make Snow Gel Sensory Play by Kids Craft Room(not pictured)
Which one is your favorite?