One of the kids’ favorite activities is feeding the birds or in many cases the squirrels, who like to steal the bird seed. To make the activity a little more fun and personalized for the kids, we like to make homemade bird feeders. We enjoy making DIY Bird Feeders from toilet paper rolls and peanut butter and decided it was time to branch out and explore other bird feeder options from recyclables.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
We found so many great DIY Bird Feeders that reuse items we already have. Reusing what you already have is a great way to protect our planet, celebrate Earth Day, and complete a fun and fairly inexpensive project with your kids.
- Add some color to your bird feeders with these DIY Tin Can Bird Feeders from Mom Endeavors.
- This Milk Jug Bird Feeder by Great Stem would be an easy one to do at our house. We always have milk jugs in the recycling bin.
- Outnumbered 3 to 1 reuses their orange peels to create the top of this DIY Upcycled Bird Feeder. Check out what recyclable they use to create the base.
- I love flowers and really like how We Made That turned a tin can into flower shaped bird feeder: Tin Can Flower Bird Feeders.
- This super simple DIY Egg Carton Bird Feeder from Ginger Snap Crafts will feed a lot of birds (and maybe a few squirrels).
- This DIY Bird Feeder from Moon Frye reuses your plastic bottles with a fun perch made out of something from you kitchen.
- I love how Red Ted Art transformed a few recyclables into a fun Owl Juice Carton Bird Feeder.
- Danya Banya reused their orange skins to make DIY Orange Skin Bird Feeders.
- The next DIY bird feeder is our Toilet Paper Roll Bird Feeder. This is one that kids of all ages can do.
- This DIY Bird House Bird Feeder from Non Toy Gifts takes our Toilet Paper Roll Bird Feeders to a whole new level.
More Ways to Celebrate Earth Day:
- Top 10 DIY Recycled Toys from Our Whimsical Days
- Top 10 Earth Day Printables for Kids from Living Life and Learning
- Top 10 Cardboard Box Toys from Craftulate
- Top Ten Upcycling Projects from Teach me Mommy
- Top 10 Lorax Crafts & Activities for Earth Day from Sunny Day Family
- Top 10 Earth Day Food Tips by Our Good Life
- Top 10 Earth Day Fine Motor Skills Activities from Happy Brown House
- Top 10 Upcycled Crafts for Earth Day from Play & Learn Every Day
- Top 10 Earth Day Sensory Activities from Adventures of Adam
- Top 10 Garden Markers for Earth Day by Playground Parkbench