We had so much fun using buttons in our puzzle pieces Christmas ornament, so we pulled them out again and made a Button Wreath Christmas Ornament. The buttons took a much more prominent roll in this Christmas ornament.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
- Buttons (We used red and green.)
- Green paint
- Green ribbon
- Glue (We used clear school glue.)
1. Cut and paint a wreath shape from fiberboard. A recycled box from your pantry works well (cereal box, cracker box, etc). We got super technical 🙂 and used a couple of different sized glasses from our kitchen to make our wreath shape.
2. Paint the wreath green and allow to dry.
3. Glue buttons onto wreath.
4. Cut a small piece or ribbon, form a loop and glue to the back of the button ornament.
5. Hang ornament on the Christmas tree or give it as a gift.
Our preschooler loved making this button ornament. She was given the supplies and took over from there, making a pattern on her wreath with her buttons. She even messed up at one point and made a big deal about fixing it. It made this mommy proud that she was executing this early math skill while using her fine motor skills to squeeze the glue and add the buttons to the ornament.
More Ornament Inspiration
You Also Might Like
- 12+ Adorable Salt Dough Ornaments
- Homemade Puzzle Pieces Wreath Ornament
- Dear Santa Letters (free printable)
- Christmas Dot Painting (free printable)
- Winter & Christmas Scavenger Hunts (free printable)