I have found a new and fun way to craft: puffy paint and recycled plastic lids. This bat kid craft is the first of a few projects I have to share.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
It is a perfect Halloween craft and it’s always good and fun to upcycle items. I love to get creative with our recycled items and challenge myself to make something new.
Supplies for Bat Kid Craft:
- Foam-Sheets (black)
- Peel & Stick Wiggle Eye Sheets: Black 49 Piece Set
- Shaving Cream (I buy it at the Dollar Tree)
- White Glue
- Black Paint of Black Food Coloring
- Recycled Plastic Lid (examples: cottage cheese, sour cream, or butter container)
- Bat Wing Template
- Low Temp Glue Gun
- Small Foam Brush
1 Make black puffy paint by mixing equal parts shaving cream and white glue together. Add black paint or food coloring until it reaches desired color.
2 Using puffy paint, paint plastic lid applying thickly. It will take several hours to dry; best to dry overnight.
3. Once lid is dry, glue two wiggly eyes onto the plastic lid.
4. Print bat wing template and use it as a template to cut bat wings from black foam paper.
5. Glue wings to bat using glue gun.
Have you used your recycled plastic lids to craft?