We are back with one of our favorite crafting materials today: paper plates. We turned paper plates into a winter hat craft.
I was beginning to wonder if we were going to have winter where we live this year. We were still jumping into leaves a couple of weeks ago (not that I am complaining). The temperatures are starting to drop a little, but still no sign of snow (again not complaining).
Paper plates are a great crafting material. They are versatile and cheap. Add in a little paint and another very cheap crafting item, cotton balls, and you have very easy, fun, and inexpensive craft.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
- Paper plates
- Paint (any color)
- Cotton balls (2 balls per hat)
- Glue stick
The directions are very simple making this a great craft for young kids.
- Cut paper plates in 1/2. Each 1/2 makes one hat.
- Paint paper plate 1/2 and allow to dry.
- Glue a cotton to the top of the hat (curved side).
- Add glue to the bottom straight edge of the paper plate 1/2. Stretch a cotton ball to fit along the bottom of the plate sticking to the glue.
Other winter crafts and activities your kids may enjoy: