I am back today with another patriotic 4th of July craft for your kids. Last week I made these patriotic paper straw flags with our oldest and we had pieces leftover. Our daughter used the leftover pieces to make a patriotic paper straw necklace.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
- Patriotic paper straws~I purchased the ones used in this project at Hobby Lobby, but here are some other options: Red and Blue Patriotic Paper Straw Mix, Patriotic Paper Straws , or Patriotic Paper Straw Mix – Red, White and Blue – Chevron and Stars .
- String~I used hemp cord similar to this: Hemp Cord-Red.
- Cut straws into about 2″ pieces
- Cut a piece of string to fit around your child’s neck with a little extra.
- Thread string through straw pieces
- Tie off at the end to form a loop
You can get creative with this. Our daughter decided to do a double strand putting matching pieces on each strand.
You could do patterns rotating colors: red/blue, red/red/blue, or blue/blue/red.
You could also just mix them up and add them randomly.
Your kids will love wearing these on the 4th of July! Our daughter had to pull out her patriotic dress and try the necklace out.
Your kids might also like these patriotic paper straw flags.