Pumpkin hockey is always a huge hit when we play it during Halloween parties.
Last year as I carried the hockey sticks into our daughter’s preschool class, the kids’s curiosity was instantly perked. They were anxious to see what in the world we were doing with hockey sticks! They had so much fun playing pumpkin hockey! The kids were giggling and cheering for their team. We even had other school staff stopping by to check out our fun fall game.
What you need
While the hockey sticks may be a little awkward to carry and transport, this fall game requires very little supplies to set up and play. The downside…it does requires a little space to play.
- Hockey sticks
There is very little set up for this fall game. We play pumpkin hockey in the classroom as a relay race during our Halloween parties.
First, find a spot where you can form and line up two teams of kids. Place two chairs (or some other stationary object that the kids can go around) on the other side of the room, opposite of your two lines.
How to Play
1. Divide the kids into two teams and instruct them to line up, forming two lines.
2. Give the first person in each line a hockey stick and a pumpkin.
3. Instruct the kids to use their hockey sticks to push the pumpkin along the floor, around the chair, and back to the next player in line.
4. Once the player has taken his/her turn, the player hands his/her hockey stick to the next player in line.
5. Play continues until all the kids have a had a chance to participate.
You Also Might Like
- Hot Pumpkin Halloween Party Game
- Wrap the Mummy Halloween Game
- Pumpkin Volcano Science Activity
- Fun Filled Spider Activities That Use Plastic Spiders
- Halloween Dot Painting (Do a Dot Printables)
- Halloween Party Favors