One of our favorite Christmas books is The Polar Express. I love the message in this book: belief keeps us young at heart. We made a Christmas ornament to remind us of this message throughout the Christmas season.
A young boy, lying awake one Christmas Eve, is welcomed aboard a magical trip to the North Pole .
Through dark forests, over tall mountains, and across a desert of ice, the Polar Express makes its way to the city atop the world, where the boy will make his Christmas wish.
This requires a little prep work ahead of time getting the tags ready. Once the tags are prepped, it’s a really easy for kids to make.
1. To get started, print the “Believe” tags. Optional: I used my Laminator and laminated the tags to make them last longer.
These ornaments are easy enough to do in a group setting or classroom, so I created a printable with just one tag per page and a printable with multiple tags for groups. I really like the fun font on the 1st set of tags, but if you have kids that are learning to read, you the font on 2nd page of tags might work better.
- Believe Tag for Polar Express Ornament (multiple per page)
- Believe tag for polar express ornament (multiple per page-easy for kids to read)
- Believe tag for polar express ornament (single use)
2. Cut out the tag and make a hole near the top with a hole punch.
3. Thread a pipe cleaner (we used red, but any color would work) through the hook on the jingle bell.
4. Thread the pipe cleaner through the Believe tag, so that it rests on the jingle bell with the word “Believe” facing up.
5. Bring the two ends of the pipe cleaner together and wrap around each other to form a loop.
You might also like
- Tissue Paper Kid Made Christmas Ornament
- Kid Made Snowman Ornament
- Mini Clothespin Christmas Wreath Ornament
- Minion Homemade Christmas Ornament
- Frosty the Snowman Ornament
- 30 Homemade Kid Christmas Ornaments
10 Days of Book Inspired Ornaments
We love creating crafts inspired by books and were thrilled when Mama Miss invited us to join her and several other bloggers to create 10 days of book inspired ornaments. Be sure to check out these other great ornaments from today.
Penguin Ornament || Cupcake Unicorn Ornament || Simple Snowman Ornament || Corduroy’s Christmas Surprise Ornament || Wood Slice Santa Ornament || Fantastic Mr Fox || Mooseltoe Ornament || Crystallized Glow in the Dark Ornaments || Pipe Cleaner Snowflake Ornament