This Yarn Snowman Craft was inspired by all the yarn kid crafts I saw over the holidays. I was so inspired, I picked up a bunch of yarn on one of my many visits to the craft store during the holidays and couldn’t wait to start using it in craft projects.
Here are some of the yarn projects that inspired this snowman craft:
- Yarn Wrapped Reindeer Craft
- Elmer Ornament
- Yarn Wrapped Ornaments
- Yarn Tree Christmas Craft
- Spider Wed Kid Craft
- Yarn Monsters
Cost: Under $5
- White yarn
- Brown pipe cleaner
- Light blue card stock (or color of your choosing)
- Snowman template
- Orange and black card stock or construction
- Glue stick
- Optional: Circle Punch, 0.50-Inch
I love my circle craft punches and use them all the time, but if you don’t have one just free hand the eyes or find something of similar size to trace.
This craft is perfect for young kids. They need lots of scissor practice to develop fine motor skills needed to hold pencils and crayons. Having strong fine motor skills will help kids as they beginning writing.
- Print snowman template. I used a white chalk marker to outline the snowman.
- Cut yarn into small pieces.
- Glue yarn pieces to the snowman using a glue stick. Working in small sections, apply the glue to the paper and then add the yarn.
- Cut out two circles from black paper and glue on the snowman for eyes. Cut out a triangle from the orange paper and glue on the snowman for a nose.
- Glue 3 buttons to the middle circle of the snowman.
- Cut the pipe cleaner in 1/2 and glue one piece to each side of the middle circle for the snowman’s arms.
More snowman crafts you might like: