After creating a New Year’s Dot Painting activity for the little ones, I wanted create a fun New Year’s Eve activity for the older kids and even adults.
We love including the kids in our New Year’s Eve celebrations. We make ice cream sundaes, drink fun drinks from fancy glasses, make a lot of noise, throw confetti, play games, and do activities, like this New Year’s word puzzle.
I love doing word puzzles and can get slightly competitive, especially with my husband. He usually beats me, but we have fun. Don’t tell him I admitted that 😉
This New Year’s word puzzle can be fun, educational, and challenging. It’s a great brain building activity for kids and adults. It’s a great way for kids to practice and recall newly learned words and for us adults to keep our minds sharp.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
Download this and print this on your regular 8 1/2×11″ printer paper.
How to Play
The goal of this word puzzle is to create as many words as you can from “Happy New Year”.
Word puzzles can be used in groups, in pairs or individually. They are fun and enjoyable for both kids and adults.
Bump up the fun with these ideas:
- Turn it into a time challenge. Set the timer and give everyone one minute (or whatever time you chose) to find as many words as possible.
- Set a a letter limit. Everyone has to find only four (or other quantity) letter words.
- Turn the word puzzle into a game. Sit a in a circle and hide your paper. Start with the youngest person challenging the person on their right (for example: create a three letter word, create a word that starts with the letter “h”, create a word with two vowels). If they cannot complete the challenge, they are skipped. Continue around the circle until play is down just one player. That person is the winner.
Download: Happy New Year Word Puzzle
You Also Might Like
- New Year’s Dot Painting (Free Printable)
- Mason Jar Lid Shakers
- Winter Dot Painting (Free Printable)
- 23 Fun & Cute Snowman Crafts for Kids