While we should be working to protect our environment daily, the week of Earth Day is a special time set aside each year to challenge, inspire, and motivate all people to care for our planet. People of all ages can be involved in some way whether it’s planting trees, cleaning up trash, recycling, cooking with naturally grown vegetables, saving power, or feeding the birds. Even the young kids can participate in Earth Day activities.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
This is a great list of Earth Day activities that you can do each day to celebrate the week of Earth Day.
1. Teach young kids about planet Earth in simple terms with this Earth Day craft.
2. Reuse toilet paper rolls and feed the birds with these homemade Toilet Paper Roll Bird Feeders.
3. Take a Nature Scavenger Hunt and point out all the great things found in nature.
4. Teach kids about recycling and saving power with these Earth Day Worksheets
5. Plant something with your kids. Plants act as an air cleaner by adsorbing carbon dioxide and other air pollutants and releasing oxygen.