Snowmen are my absolute favorite winter and holiday decorations and crafts. This Puffy Paint Snowman is our first snowman kid craft of the year. I even pulled out the glitter for this one…more on that below.
Our kids love to paint with puffy paint. They love touching the puffy soft texture of it.
- DIY puffy paint (equal parts shaving cream and glue)
- Paper pate
- Black cardstock or construction paper
- Black pom poms (2 sizes)
- Orange pom
- Iridescent glitter
1. Make puffy paint by mixing equal parts shaving cream and glue.
2. Liberally apply puffy paint to the paper plate.
3. Add a little glitter to the paint to make it look like shimmery just like fallen snow.
4. Add 2 black pom poms for eyes, 1 orange for the nose, and a few smaller ones black pom poms for the mouth.
5. Cut a top hat out of the black paper and apply to the top of the paper plate.
We don’t craft with glitter a lot, but I pull it out a couple times years. This snowman made by my kindergartner does not show it well, but if you follow me on Instagram, you saw that he decided to add more glitter after we finished and dumped glitter everyone.
You Also Might Like
- Yarn Snowman Craft for Kids
- Puffy Paint Snowman
- Bubble Wrap Snowman
- Coffee Cup Lid Snowman
- Frosty the Snowman Ornament