Making Magic Reindeer Food and sprinkling it on your lawn is a fun, easy, and inexpensive Christmas Eve tradition. You need only a few items that you likely already have.
Our Magic Reindeer Food tradition started a few years ago when our oldest came home from school with a bag of reindeer food to sprinkle on the lawn for Santa’s reindeer. My first reaction was great, something else I have to remember on Christmas Eve, but this has actually become a furn tradition that the kids now look forward to each year.
It’s super easy and inexpensive to make with items you already have. I usually make it up ahead of time and have it ready for Christmas Eve. Kids of all ages can easily help make this reindeer food. Unlike sugar cookies, if kids had a few too many Christmas sugar crystals, it no big deal. It’s hard to tell from the pictures, but we added a lot of sugar crystals.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
- Sugar Crystals
- Sandwich sized baggie
- Printable bag topper
- Tape or stapler
- Paper Trimmer or scissors
How to Make Magic Reindeer Food
1. Mix oatmeal and sugar crystals together to make magic reindeer food. We used red and green sugar crystals.
2. Add the mixture to a sandwich sized baggie and seal the bag. You could also use a snack sized baggie.
3. Print the Reindeer Food Baggie Topper. We printed ours on cardstock.
4. Using a paper trimmer or scissors cut out the baggie topper.
5. Fold the topper in half and attach to the top of the reindeer food bag using either tape or a stapler.
How to Use Magic Reindeer Food
On Christmas Eve sprinkle the magic reindeer food on your lawn, so that Santa’s reindeer can find your home.
You Also Might Like
- Christmas Coupon Book
- Candy Cane Hide & Seek Game
- Winter & Christmas Scavenger Hunts
- Dear Santa Letters
- Christmas Dot Printables