This Paper Santa Hat Christmas Ornament is an inexpensive and easy craft that kids can make and hang on your Christmas tree and enjoy for years to come.
Crafting is one our favorite things to do during the holidays. Who am I kidding, two-thirds of us love it year around and the other third of our family enjoys the quality family time our craft sessions provide during the chaos of the holidays.
This Santa Hat Christmas Ornament makes a great Christmas craft to do at home with your kids or in a large group. This craft is inexpensive and requires just a few simple supplies. It wont’ have you running to the craft store for supplies.
This would make a great craft for Christmas parties or drop in and go events. It’s one of those that you can set out the supplies and kids and families can work on them at their own pace. It doesn’t require drying or any fancy crafting supplies and skills, so kids can do them quickly with just a little instruction and take them home when done.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
- Red paper
- Cotton balls
- String or ribbon
If you want to prep this ahead of time and have it ready for a group of kids, complete the first three steps ahead of time.
1. Start off by drawing a circle on your red paper. We pulled a plastic Tupperware bowl and traced that onto the paper. You want a large circle. Our bowl was just slightly smaller than the paper.
2. Cut out the circle.
3. Fold the circle in half and cut along the fold.
4. Hold the half circle with the flat side facing up. Bring the two ends together. The middle will be your point; the top of Santa’s hat.
5. We had a tiny opening at the top and pulled a piece of string through it making a loop to hang the ornament on the Christmas tree. We knotted it on the inside and added glue to secure the string. You could also glue a piece of string or ribbon to the back of the ornament.
7. Glue a cotton ball on the top (point) of Santa’s hat.
8. Pull and stretch a cotton ball, so that you can wrap a thin band of it around the bottom of the Santa’s hat.
9. Hang from your Christmas tree and enjoy.
MORE ORNAMENT INSPIRATION
YOU ALSO MIGHT LIKE
- Burlap Reindeer Ornaments
- I Spy Ornaments
- Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Tree Ornament
- Clothespin Wreath Ornament