This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
We love all holidays at our house. I especially ♥ the 4th of July!
It’s such a fun stress free holiday…family, good food, firecrackers…yes, yes, and yes. It’s one of the holidays that has not become too commercialized. It really has stayed true to what it is…a celebration of our country’s freedom.
Our kids love decorating the house for all the holidays. I have just a few 4th of July decorations that we put out each year. I got rid of some older things last year and needed a few new things. I shopped the house for items I already had and put the kids to work making patriotic crafts.
Supplies needed >>>
- Pringle can
- Patriotric 12×12 scrapbook paper
- Glue stick
- Pipe Cleaner~red, white, or blue
- Something to poke a hole in the lid of your Pringle can~I used a wooden skewer
- Cut scapbook paper, so it measures 9 1/2×12
- Use a glue stick to glue one end of the paper to the side of can and wrap around the can overlapping and glue
- Poke a small in the top of the can with a wooden skewer
- Cut a small piece off pipe cleaner and stick it in the hole on the lid to make the fuse
You could also use construction paper and let the kids draw on it or put stickers on the paper.