The summer holidays are my favorite! I know Memorial Day is not officially summer, but it always feels like the official start to summer. I love celebrating our country’s freedom and those who have fought for our freedom. I love the ease of the summer holidays with picnics, barbecues, easy desserts, and fun crafts like this American Flag Craft.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
Whether you make this American flag craft for Memorial Day or the 4th of July, it’s a great patriotic craft for the kids to make. It will add some red,white, and blue to your summer holidays.
- Craft Sticks (you need 5 per flag)
- Jumbo Craft Stick (you need 1 per flag)
- Red Paint
- White Paint
- Blue card stock (construction paper would work too)
- Silver star stickers
1. Paint 3 craft sticks red and 2 white and allow to dry.
2. Once dry, glue the painted craft sticks to the big craft stick starting with red on top and alternating so you have red, white, red, white, red. We used a gglue gun to adhere the craft sticks to the big craft stick.
3. Cut a small rectangle from the blue card stock.
4. Stick star stickers to the blue rectangle and glue to the flag.