To kick off our Thanksgiving crafts this year, we transformed a recycled CD into a turkey kid craft.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
- Recycled CD or DVD (just in case you don’t have any on hand~CD Discs)
- Orange pipe cleaners
- Artificial Fall Leaves
- Brown foam paper
- Wiggle eyes
- Red tissue paper
- Orange construction paper or card stock
- Cool Shot Glue Gun
1. Cut out a piece of brown foam paper to fit the CD and glue to the top.
2. Glue leaves to the back of the CD, so that the are sticking up, forming the feathers of the turkey.
3. Fold the orange pipe cleaner in 1/2 and glue to the back of the CD where the hole is located in the middle. Fold the bottom of the pipe cleaners to make feet.
4. Cut a folded triangle from orange paper and glue to the brown foam paper for the beak. Glue googly eyes to the foam paper. Tear off a small piece of red tissue paper and glue near the beak for the wattle/gobbler.
Our preschooler has a been loving crafts lately. I recently purchased her this Cool Shot Glue Gun and she can now do all the gluing herself. This is her turkey. Squeezing the lever to get the glue out was a great strengthening exercise for the muscles in her hand.
You Also Might Like
- Thanksgiving Books for Kids
- Thanksgiving Dot Painting (free printables)
- Toilet Paper Roll Turkey
- Thankful Turkey Kid Craft
- Handprint Turkey
- Foam Cup Turkey
- Foam Cup Pilgrim Hat