We are way past due for a handprint craft. I love to make handprint crafts with the kids and then compare their hand growth from year to year. They grow way too fast!
With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, we made handprint turkey using a foam cup.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
We bought a big bag of foam cups at the Dollar Tree and have already made several crafts from them. This is our second foam cup turkey craft. You can see the other foam cup turkey here. We also made pilgrim hats and Indian hats from foam cups.
- Foam cup
- Brown paint
- Orange and red cardstock and/or whatever color you choose for the feathers
- Wiggly eyes
- Red balloon
I love using a red balloon for the wattle/gobbler. I got the idea for it from I Hearth Crafty Things in a turkey she did recently.
1. Paint cup brown. We gave ours two coats of paint and letting it dry between each coat of paint. It dries fairly quick.
2. Trace child’s hands onto cardstock paper and cut out. We used orange and red, but any color will work.
3. Glue or tape child’s hand to the back of the dry painted cup for the turkey’s feathers.
4. Glue wiggly eyes to the front of the cup.
5. Glue red balloon to the front of the cup for the wattle/gobbler. Glue an small orange triangle over the balloon for the beak.
You Also Might Like
- Paint Chip Turkey
- Turkey Pumpkin
- Thankful Turkey
- Toilet Paper Roll Turkey
- Recycled Cd Turkey
- Foam Cup Thanksgiving Crafts
We love to read books as an extension to our crafts. Check out this great list of Thanksgiving books for kids.