We are way past due for a handprint craft. I love to make these with the kids and then compare their hand growth from year to year. Today we are sharing a handprint turkey we made using a styrofoam cup.
We have used styrofoam cups a lot lately for crafts. This is our second styrofoam turkey craft. You can see the other styrofoam cup turkey here. We also made pilgrim hats and Indian hats from styrofoam cups.
- Styrofoam cup
- Brown paint
- Orange and red cardstock and/or whatever color you choose for the feathers
- Wiggly eyes
- Red balloon
I love using a red balloon for the wattle/gobbler. I got the idea for it from I Hearth Crafty Things.
- Paint cup brown. We gave ours two coats of paint and letting it dry between each coat of paint. It dries fairly quick.
- Trace child’s hands onto cardstock paper and cut out. We used orange and red, but any color will work.
- Glue or tape child’s hand to the back of the dry painted cup for the turkey’s feathers.
- Glue wiggly eyes to the front of the cup.
- Glue red balloon to the front of the cup for the wattle/gabbler. Glue an small orange triangle over the balloon for the beak.
More Thanksgiving Turkey Crafts:
- Paint Chip Turkey
- Turkey Pumpkin
- Thankful Turkey
- Toilet Paper Roll Turkey
- Recycled Cd Turkey
- Styrofoam Cup Thanksgiving Crafts
We love to read books that correspond with our crafts. Check out this list of Thanksgiving books for kids.