The kids jump out of bed excited and anxious to find their Elf’s newest location and see if he caused any mischievous while they were sleeping. Only you forgot to move the Elf last night and he is in the same location. You hear, “Mom, the Elf did not move.”
Elf mishaps happen. You had a sick kid, a late night, a long exhausting day, or long list of other reasons. Now you have to be quick on your feet and come up with a plausible excuse without showing any signs of panic or surprise.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
No need to panic, we’ve got you covered with these 15 very believable excuses for the Elf not moving. These 15 reasons will save you every time. Yup, it’s likely to happen more than once. 🙂
15 Reasons Your Elf Did Not Move
1. Someone must have touched the Elf. You know you can’t touch the Elf or he will lose his magic.
2. He’s too tired. He’s been working so hard to provide you with fun surprises, he just worn himself out.
3. The weather was bad. He can’t travel to the North Pole if it’s snowing or raining really hard or is too windy or cold.
4. The Elf tricked you. He meant for your to look all over the house looking for him while he stayed in the exact same spot.
5. Your Elf is sick. He did not feel well enough to travel to the North Pole and just wanted to rest.
6. Someone must have gotten up. Maybe the cat or dog got up, so he couldn’t move.
7. He must be stuck. Get the tongs and pry him lose.
8. The Elf must have fallen asleep waiting for everyone to fall asleep and didn’t wake back up.
9. He ate too much junk food and now has a tummy ache.
10. He didn’t want to deliver a bad report to Santa. Maybe today we can all be nice and kind, so the Elf can deliver a good report to Santa.
11. I bet he got so busy with Santa, he had to rush back quickly before morning, and forgot he had already been there.
12. I bet he’s planning to fool you and move while you are at school.
13. He must have gotten hurt and needed to reciprocate.
14. Maybe he’s saving his energy to bring you a ginormous surprise tonight (just be ready to follow through 🙂 )
15. He really likes that spot. You might see him there again.
You Also Might Like
- Elf on the Shelf Planning Calendar (free printable)
- 12 Hilarious Elf on the Shelf Bathroom Antics
- Fun & Easy Elf on the Shelf Ideas for the Kitchen
- Winter & Christmas Scavenger Hunts (free printable)