This Crepe Paper Christmas Tree Craft uses some of our favorite crafting supplies: paper plates, crepe paper, and pompoms to create a fun and festive Christmas kid craft. The best part…if you don’t already have the supplies on hand, all of these items can be bought at the Dollar Store making this craft super affordable.
We have a lot of crafting supplies and I love when we can create a project that uses many of our favorite crafting supplies.
This Christmas tree craft started out with an idea and grew from there based on what we had on hand. It took a little convincing from my husband and digging through supplies, but we did it. I was convinced that we didn’t enough of the “right size” of pompoms, but we dug through our huge bin of pompoms. A trip to the craft store was delayed for now 😉
We used crepe paper for this project, but you could easily substitute tissue paper or construction paper depending on what you have on hand. I love the texture and dimension that crepe paper can add to a project. Encourage kids to explore their senses as the work with the crepe paper…what does it feel like, how does it sound when tear it.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
- Paper plate
- Green crepe paper (We used 2 different shades of green…light green crepe paper||darker green crepe paper)
- Yellow paper
- Craft Stick
1. To get started, cut a tree shape from the paper plate.
2. Tear off small pieces of green crepe paper. You are sneaking in some fine motor work into this project as kids tear and crinkle the crepe paper.
3. Take your small pieces of crepe paper and crinkle them into a smaller piece. Glue pieces onto the paper plate. We primarily used the lighter green, but adding pieces of the darker green to add dimension to the Christmas tree craft.
4. Glue a yellow star to the top of the Christmas tree craft.
5. Attach a craft stick to the back of the paper plate so that it sticks down on the bottom for a stem.
6. Finish your Christmas tree craft bu gluing small pom poms to the Christmas tree craft. We used a couple different sizes of pompoms to complete our craft.
SHARE YOURS WITH US
You Also Might Like
- Paper Loops Christmas Tree Craft
- Paper Cone Christmas Tree Kid Craft
- Qtip Painted Christmas Tree Craft
- Christmas Tree Ornament
- Kid Made Sequin Christmas Tree Ornament
- Paper Roll Christmas Tree Ornament