I have a small confession. Some years I don’t get very excited about Valentine’s Days and other years I’m gung ho. I think this year might be the later considering we just got Christmas put away and already our craft area is littered with red and pink craft supplies. This Heart Wreath Craft is first up this year.
We have enjoyed making paper plate wreaths for other holidays including Easter, 4th of July, and Christmas. This heart wreath craft follows the same pattern as our Easter and 4th of July wreath.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
- Paper (cardstock or construction)
- Paper plate
- Heart template (printable at end)
1. Print heart template on colored paper. There are three different sized hearts per page. We printed off seven pages of hearts on different shades of pink and purple paper. Red and white would also look nice.
2. After the the pages have printed, cut out the hearts. If you are working with younger children, you could point out the different sizes and ask them to put the hearts in order from smallest to biggest or biggest to smallest before working on your heart wreath.
3. Cut out the inner part of the paper plate leaving the outer rim intact. You will be using the outer rim for this heart wreath craft. Younger kids may need help with this step or getting started.
3. Begin randomly gluing hearts onto the paper plate until you feel like you have enough hearts on your heart wreath.
4. Add a ribbon to the back of the plate to hang the wreath.
You Also Might Like
Ali B says
So fun!! My girls would love to make these. Can’t wait to get some colored cardstock!
So cute! My little nugget recently became interested in wreaths this past Christmas…this will be an easy and fun task for us to do together! Love the colors!
Dolce Creativity says
Very cute idea! I never thought of using paper plates this way. I love it! 🙂
Thank you Dolce! We love crafting with paper plates!
Hi Resourceful Mama,
Can you please tell me the size of the hearts used to make the Valentine’s Day Hearts Wreath? Thank you.
Hi Barbara, you can download a heart template at the of this post. These are the hearts we used for our wreath.