As soon as Valentine’s Day ended our kids were anxious to hear what holiday would be next and were super excited when I said St. Patrick’s Day.
While I’m planning fun activities and crafts for St. Patrick’s Day, like this leprechaun hat craft, the kids are busy plotting and planning how they might trap and capture a leprechaun. They have yet to develop a successfully plan. The elusive little creatives gets away every time, but that does not diminish their enthusiasm
- Craft sticks
- Black paper
- Yellow paper
- Green paint
- Cardstock or fiberboard
Related: Toilet Paper Roll Leprechaun Hats
1. To make this leprechaun hat craft, I did a little prep work ahead of time, so we could dive into painting. I took six craft sticks and glued them to a small piece of cardstock (or fiberboard). The purpose of the cardstock is just to hold the craft stick together. Glue one craft stick along the bottom of the six craft sticks for the brim of the hat.
2. Paint the leprechaun hat green and allow to dry.
3. While the paint is drying, cut a long piece of black paper, a yellow square, and a smaller black to make the belt.
4. Once the hat has dried, glue the long piece of black paper above the brim for the belt of the hat.
5. Glue the smaller black square to the yellow square to make the buckle for the hat. Glue to the belt of the hat.
You Also Might Like
- Shamrock Man Craft
- Pinch free St. Patrick’s Day Clothing
- St. Patrick’s Day Leprechaun Craft
- Paper Plate Rainbow Craft
- Crepe Paper Shamrock
- St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- Toilet Paper Roll Leprechaun Hats