We love you using our recycled toilet paper rolls in crafts. We made a bee for Valentine’s Day, a reindeer and ornament at Christmas, a turkey at Thanksgiving, and an apple tree sensory bin and tree in the fall. For St. Patrick’s Day, we decided to make Toilet Paper Roll Leprechaun Hats.
My oldest was obsessed with leprechauns last year. He partnered up with a classmate to make a fun leprechaun trap and talked about it forever after the holiday. I knew he would enjoy this craft.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
- Toilet paper roll
- Green paint
- Green, black, yellow paper (we used green card stock for the base yellow and black for the band and buckle)
- (optional) 3″ Circle Paper Punch
1. Paint toilet paper roll green and allow to dry. You could also wrap the toilet paper roll with green paper.
2. Using the paper punch cut out a circle for the base of the hat and glue to the bottom of the toilet paper roll. You could also look for something of similar size (like a glass) and trace it.
3. Cut a stripe of black paper to go around the toilet paper to form the band on the hat and glue to bottom of the toilet paper roll near where you just glued the base of the hat.
4. Cut a small rectangle (buckle) from yellow paper and glue on top the black band. It’s not easy to cut the center out to make a buckle. We cut a small yellow piece and then cut a smaller black piece. Glue the black piece on top of the yellow piece to make it look like a buckle.
You Also Might Like
- St. Patrick’s Day Leprechaun Craft
- Paper Plate Rainbow Craft
- Rainbow Color Sorting Sensory Bin
- Crepe Paper Shamrock St. Patrick’s Day Craft
- St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt