This Coffee Filter Turkey Craft is a quick, easy, and inexpensive craft kids can make for Thanksgiving. It uses a fun technique to color the feathers (aka the coffee filter).
This coffee filter turkey craft, like many of our crafts, evolved as we were making it. I asked him to draw the turkey’s body. (He is much better at drawing than i am.) He drew a great body, but it was slightly larger than I had planned. My vision involved adding one filter to the turkey’s body for the feathers. As I laid everything out, I realized that the body overwhelmed the one coffee filter, but adding all three coffee filters was perfect.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
- Coffee filters
- Spray bottle of water
- Brown paper
- Red paper
- Orange paper
- White paper
- Black paper
1. Use markers to color the coffee filter. You can just color or make a design.
2. Using a spray water bottle, spray water onto thee coffee filter until it is fairly saturated and the colors begin to run. Allow to dry. Do this over an area or in box that can get wet and possibly stained with color. We laid down several layers of paper towels. Your hands may also become temporarily stained from the color. You could wear gloves for this step.
3. Cut a body for the turkey from brown paper.
4. Cut two strips of orange paper for the turkey’s legs. Accordion fold the strips of orange paper and glue to the bottom of the turkey’s body for legs.
5. Cut a beak from orange paper and a gobbler from red paper and glue to the turkey.
6. Cut eyes from the white and black paper and glue to the turkey. You could also use googly eyes.
7. Once you have assembled and glued all the pieces for your turkey’s body and face, glue the coffee filters to the back of the turkey fanning them out so that they are slightly overlapping.
You Also Might Like
- Paper Plate Turkey Wreath Craft
- Sponge Painted Thanksgiving Turkey Craft
- Paper Plate Turkey Craft
- Paper Roll Turkey Craft for Kids
- Thankful Kid Craft and Book
- Paper Roll Turkey Kid Craft
- Recycled CD Turkey Kid Craft
- Clothespin Turkey Craft