Transform basic craft sticks into this super craft stick penguin ornament for your Christmas tree. I love the whimsy the pipe cleaner hat added to our penguin ornament.
Craft Stick Ornaments
- Craft Stick Reindeer Ornament
- Craft Stick Santa Ornament
- Craft Stick Angel Ornament
- Craft Stick Gingerbread Ornament
- Craft Stick Snowman Ornament
- Craft Stick Elf Ornament
- A is for Angel Ornament
This post contains affiliate links. See the Disclosure Policy for details.
- Craft stick
- White paint
- Black Paint
- Googly eyes
- Orange paper
- Pipe cleaner (We used a red pipe cleaner)
- Small pom pom (We used a white pom pom)
- String or ribbon
Directions for Craft Stick Penguin Ornament
1. Start off by painting the craft stick black and allow to dry.
2. Glue a white pompom to one end of a red pipe cleaner. We used a glue gun to attach the the pompom to insure it would stay in place.
3. Wrap the red pipe cleaner around the top of the craft stick to form a hat, so that the the end with the pompom is the top of the hat. Trim the pipe cleaner as needed to make your hat. We wrapped the pipe cleaner around the craft stick and then took it off, so you can see how it is wrapped (picture below).
4. Add two googly eyes to your craft stick penguin ornament below the your pipe cleaner hat.
5. Cut a beak for the penguin from orange paper and glue it to the craft stick below the googly eyes.
6. Once you have your hat and face on your penguin, paint a white belly on your craft stick penguin ornament.
We choose to paint the white belly after we had added the other items so everything was evenly spaced. This also gave the black paint time to dry thoroughly. You could definitely paint the white first if you want to get all the painting out of the way.
7. If you are turning your penguin into an ornament, loop a piece of string or ribbon and glue to the back of your craft stick.
We have so many favorite Christmas & winter books and love adding new ones to our collections. Here are just a few of our favorite Christmas books.
Favorite Christmas Children’s Books
- A Wish to Be a Christmas Tree
- Mr. Willowby’s Christmas Tree
- Night Tree
- The Broken Ornament
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bell
- The Biggest Christmas Tree Ever
Find more great Christmas books here: Amazon Best Seller Children’s Christmas Books