Transform basic craft sticks into this super cute gingerbread man ornament for your Christmas tree.
Whether it’s gingerbread cookies or building a gingerbread house or enjoying a gingerbread story, gingerbread is a Christmas tradition for many.
When our oldest was little, we decided to start our own gingerbread tradition of decorating gingerbread houses. I don’t know why, but I struggle with this tradition every single year. I even started buying the kits to make it easier, but it’s often not until after Christmas during winter break that we get to them if we do them at all.
I decided this year to simplify things and make gingerbread ornaments instead.
We were on a roll making craft stick ornaments last year. We made Santa, Reindeer, Elf, Angel, and Snowmen ornaments last year. This year we are continuing with our craft sticks ornaments with these Craft Sticks Gingerbread Man Ornaments.
Thank you Craft Project Ideas for helping us out with our craft stick ornament obsession and sending us craft sticks.
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
- Craft sticks (We used the wider crafts, not the popsicle sized craft stick.)
- Brown paint
- Black marker
- White paint pen
- Twine (or string)
1. To get started paint your craft sticks brown and allow to dry.
2. Once the craft sticks have dried, use a white paint pen to draw two curvy lines on the top of the craft stick and two at the bottom of the craft stick.
3. Use a black marker to draw two eyes and mouth on the craft stick below below the two curvy lines on top.
4. Make a bow from the ribbon and glue the bow below the mouth.
5. Glue three buttons to the middle of the craft stick.
6. Attach a piece of twine or string to the back of the craft and hang it from the Christmas tree.
You Also Might Like
- Burlap Reindeer Ornament
- I Spy Ornaments
- 12+ Adorable Salt Dough Ornaments
- Paper Santa Hat Christmas Ornament