This Strawberry Valentine Day Card is a super sweet card kids can make this Valentine’s Day for family, teachers, or friends.
When I first started crafting with our oldest, I remember searching for inspiration for Valentine’s Day crafts. I was stumped. What else could we make other than a heart? Oh my gosh was I missing out. Turns out you can turn almost anything into a Valentine Day craft simply by adding a heart and/or making it into a heart. Has anyone else noticed that 🙂
I love making homemade cards and crafts with the kids for Valentine’s Day that they mail to their the grandparents. We had fun making the Bee Mine Valentine Day Craft earlier this week, but unfortunately our daughter’s hand is the only one small enough to do a craft like this. The boys are getting too old and their hands are way too big for most handprint crafts (sob sob) That’s even if they are willing…they seem to think they are too cool for handprint crafts now 🙂 That lead us to this Strawberry Valentine Day Card. There are no handprints involved, but it’s still super cute.
What I love about this craft is that it looks super fancy, but it’s really easy and requires very basic craft supplies that you likely already have.
This post contains affiliate links. See the Disclosure Policy for details.
- Red paper
- Green paper
- Black marker
- Googly eyes
- Strawberry Valentine Day Card Template
1. Start out by printing and cutting out the template or draw your own.
2. Using the template, cut the heart card out of red paper and the green out of green paper. To cut out the card, fold the red paper in half. The heart template will fit the full length of the the folded half. Using the template cut the heart card on red paper making sure to not to cut at the very top of both sides of the heart along the fold. You will want to cut as the heart starts to angel down towards the middle.
3. Once the heart card is cut out,glue the green steam to the top of the heart where the sides of the heart come together in the middle.
4. Add googly eyes to the front of the heat card. We add eyelashes to our googly with a black marker. If you don’t have googly eyes, you could use the marker to add eyes.
5. Use the marker to draw a mouth on the strawberry card.
6. Add black dashes (aka seeds) to the strawberry using the black marker.
7. Open the card and add a message to the inside of the card. We added “I Love You Berry Much”. You can also add “You Are Berry Sweet”.
You Also Might Like
- Valentine’s Day Heart Craft
- Paper Plate Valentine’s Day Wreath Craft
- Bee Mine Valentine’s Day Craft
- Sponge Painted Valentine’s Day Art Project
- Valentine’s Day Spin Art Hearts
Leave a Reply